Saturday 23 January 2010

The New Toy

I have just been playing with my new toy i got last week for my camera. I bought myself two lense filters from the recession busting Argos. The Ultraviolet and the Cir-Polarizing Filters. 

Camlink UV And Polarising Filters.The Cir-Polarizing Filter is a must buy if you are serious about the photos, For me photography was just “a-bit-of-a-laugh” Then someone handed me cash for some crappy little picture a had on the wall of a bird? What? Forty Quid!? Hear take it"! Will i carry it to the car for ya!?

Filters allow the photographer to have more control of the images being produced. Sometimes they are used to make only subtle changes to images; other times the image would simply not be possible without them.

 

 

DSC_6132So for some time now i have been taking this photography thing a little more seriously. Anyways i fitted this CPL filter to the camera and started rotating it to see for myself the effects,

These two photos show the difference in the photo when the lens is at one position and then the other.

DSC_6133

 

Yes the phone is on at all times!

DSC_6263

 

 

 

Here i took a photo of my garden. you can see the reflection of the kitchen curtains in the glass. Not good if you were trying to photograph the garden wildlife like i would be doing!

 

DSC_6262

The photo on the right was taken seconds later when the filter was rotated clockwise about 90-110 degrees. You can still see the curtains in the lower right side of the shot but there is perfect line of sight to the top of the waste bins where the birds are normally fed.

Well worth the buy!

Blog Archive

Sli Nua Communications

Sli Nua Communications
Public Relations

MayoToday.ie

Dundalk Amateur Radio

Ham Radio Ireland - the diary of a recently licenced Irish radio amateur - EI8GHB

My Current location